[an error occurred while processing this directive]
HinduNet
  
Forums Chat Annouce Calender DigiCards Recommend Remote Invites
[an error occurred while processing this directive]


Temples & Legends Of Bihar
Index Of Bihar Kulapati's Preface
Preface Author
Phulher Ma Paudi
Benusagar Mandar Hill
Sultanganj Konch
Mundesvari Parasnath
Vaisali Nalanda
Patan Devi Aranya Devi
Shahabad Sonepur
Uchaitha Kurkihar
Masarh Maheshi
Jagarnathpur Harmandir
Deoghar Singheshwarsthan
Mahabodhi  
Major Sections
Temples & Legends Of India
Andhrapradesh
Maharastra
Kerala
Himachal Pradesh
Tamilnadu

Bengal

Assam
Bihar
Somanatha

VAISALI

Raja Visala's garh is still to be seen as a huge mound and the excavations have yielded great results as alreadymentioned. It was General Cuningham who, after visiting Vaisali, gave the first authoritative description. The excavations in 1904 discovered remains of masonry buildings at every -place explored.It was considered that the ruined buildings go back to at least 300 A.D. or still older times.

There were ashes and fragments of burnt wood and it was assumed that this place was also sacked and plundered. It is remarkable that about 700 seals were discovered in one single room. One of the seals bears the mark of a Linga with a Trisul on each side. Tirabhukti, the ancient name of Tirhut, is inscribed on two of the seals. The finds discovered by Dr. Spooner,Superintendent of Archaeological Survey in the Eastern Circle, arepreserved in the Patna Museum.

Back ] Up ] Next ]

 Temples & Legends Of Bihar
About Vaisali
Introduction
Page1
Page2
Page3
Page4
Page5
Page6
You are Here! Page7
Page8

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
More Information about HinduNet Inc.
Privacy Statement
The Hindu Universe is a HinduNet Inc., website.
Copyrighted 1994-2003, HinduNet Inc.