it was not for more than a few years. One fact, how ever, was certain. The edifice was
used not as a mosque but as a temple before 1706, That is clear from the statement of
We also found that the next earlier
repairs to the temple, among other things, consisted of fixing reddish yellow stones at
odd places. Some of the older stones which were either black, white or reddish had
disappeared; these yellow stones were fixed in their places.