the year 1779, one by name Parachhura from Guheswar installed the images which
are being now worshipped. Historical records bear ample evidence through sanads
and inscriptions that many peshwas endowed it lavishly. Chatrapthi Shivaji
visited it and made grants for regular worship.
all the persons responsible for its growth and glory, Brahmendra Swamy deserves
first mention, and his role is memorable. Having visited this area by chance, he
found the temple in dilapidated condition. He was a sanyasi, but wielded great
powers as he had large following. His influence on the rulers of Maharashtra was
so great that he commanded their soldiers and coffers too.
Utilising the goodwill
public and power of the rulers, he started renovation work on a gigantic scale.
Besides renovating the fallen structures, he caused the building of Sabha mandap,
aisles and mini-shrines. The entire campus was given a face lift. Chatrapathi
Sahu, Chimraji Appa, helped him in the renovation activity. Later, the Siddis of
Janjiru were averse to the growth of Hindu temples. When the aggressive ventures
directed against him very often, he left and settled down elsewhere. So, the
temple remained closed for a decade.