December 13, 1947, the Standing Committee of the Ministry of Works, Mines and Power of the
Government of India approved of the idea and N. V. Gadgil, the Minister in-charge,
instructed his Consulting Architect to visit Prabhasa.
Though the Government of India sponsored the scheme, Sardar at the suggestion of
Gandhiji decided that the Government should not make any contribution in the form of money
for the reconstruction of the temple.
On December 25, 1947, the States Ministry decided to
request the Junagadh authorities to lease a sufficiently large area around the temple for
development on these lines.