remained in use at least up to 1299, till the destruction of the temple by Alaf Khan, the
General of Alla-ud-din Khilji. C could not have been put up immediately after 1299, for if
it was, it would have been in use for 400 years, that is, for a period of time very much
longer than the use of outlet B. But we have clearer evidence to the effect that the
raising of the level of the temple, the door-sill and the garbhagriha and the construction
of the sill took place when the temple was restored after Mahmud Begda's demolition in
Out let C was therefore in use for about 200
years, and B was used except for small intervals between 1030 and 1459.