would show that aperture A, which went out of use in 1026, must have been in use at least
for about 300 years. That would take the construction of the Third Temple at least to the
end of the 8th century or the be ginning of the 9th century.
Those were the days when the Chalukyas ruled Saurashtra as the feudatories of the
Guriareshvaras of the Pratihara line ruling at Kanauj. Temple II of Kanjur stones
therefore must have been constructed during the Valabhi period. The Brahmi inscription,
therefore, is to be related to this temple.