The ancient shrines of unparalleled spiritual opulence were
destroyed by Moghul Emperors, particularly Aurangazeb, the religious
zealot of low breed, but were renovated and rebuilt
by Rajput princes, whose magnanimous patronage of art and
architecture is now beckoning the attention of the visitors through
sculptural marvels in every temple worthy to be visited. Amongst the
existing many, the temples of Badrinarayana, Varahaji, Atmeswar
Mahadeo and Savitri, besides Brahma shrine are of great importance.
The present temple of Brahma was built by one great philanthropist
and thiest called Gokul Chand Parekh who served as Minister under
Scindhia in 1809. The Varahaji temple was rebuilt by Arnoja in
1120-50, but repaired by Sagar, the brother of Rana Pratap of
Chittoor. And when it tasted the wrath of Jahangir and Aurangzeb,
Maharaja Jaising II of Jaipur renovated and made many additions.
Badrinath temple likewise, was rebuilt by the Thakur, of Kharva of
Ajmir in 1800. The Atmeswar Mahadeo shrine was renovated by Gomanti
Rao in 1809. A purohit of great name, who worked under Ajit Singh of
Marwar rebuilt Savitri temple in 1687. In addition to these ancient
ones renovated, there is one modern temple called Rangaji temple
built by Ramanuja, and it attracts all types of visitors.