Advisory Committee appointed by the Government of India consisted of C. M. Master,
Architect; J. C. Ghosh; Prabhashankar O. Sompura, one of the hereditary architects of
Somanatha; U. J. Bhatt,Chief Engineer of Saurashtra Government; B. S. Vyas; G. B.
Deolalikar, Consulting Architect of the Central P. W. D.; S. K. Joglekar, Town Plannin
Officer of the C.P.W.D.; with Munshi as Chairman and N. P. Chakravarti, then
Director- General of Archaeology, as Convener.
Committee started working on July 30, 1949. Under the Committee's instructions,
Prabhashankar Sompura, with his wide knowledge of the ancient art of temple building,
prepared a plan of the new Temple on the style of the old one.
On October 18, 1949, Sardar nominated the first Trustees.
The Jam Saheb of Nawanagar and Samaldas Gandhi were to represent Saurashtra Government;
Gadgil Minister for Works, Mines and Power, and D. V. Rege, Regional Commissioner of
Saurashtra at Rajkot, were selected as nominees of the Government of India. Brijmohan
Birla and Munshi were named as representatives of the general public. Two vacancies were
kept for future donors.
Sardar's message to the Jam Saheb of Nawanagar, which was
conveyed in a D.O. letter, dated November 22, 1949, from. V P, Menon, then Secretary,
States Ministry, was as follows: